1. Home
  2.  » Appeals

Franklin County Appeals Attorney

Can I Appeal My Case If I Do Not Like The Outcome?

It depends. The decision must be a final, appealable order, which is usually stated on the decision itself. It is best to ask an attorney if you are unsure.

If you are unhappy with a decision from the Court of Common Pleas, and it is a final appealable order, parties in the case have 30 days from the date the entry was filed by the judge in order to appeal the decision.

The appeal is made to the Court of Appeals in the district in which the trial occurred.

The Franklin County law offices of Gillespie Law, LLC, would be happy to discuss with you the benefits or drawbacks of an appeal. There are different standards of review for various types of appeals, which can be discussed on a case-by-case basis.

Our firm would be happy to discuss appealing a case on any matter that falls within one of our areas of practice, including:

We have done several appeals from probate matters, school law cases to family law matters.

Contact Us If You Are Unhappy With Results Of A Court Case

You know the importance of working with the right lawyer. For counsel that is compassionate and direct, contact us online or call 614-602-6297. From our offices in Dublin, we provide representation for individuals throughout central Ohio.